Article on tucows

From: Kenneth Karlsson (none@kak--odensevej.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk)
Date: Tue 16 Jan 2001 - 23:37:20 CET

From: "Kenneth Karlsson" <none@kak--odensevej.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk>
To: <none@nhubbard--tucows.com.lh.bsd-dk.dk>
Subject: Article on tucows
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 23:37:20 +0100

Have read your article on tucows http://news.tucows.com/bsd/31717.html

As a member of the danish BSD group, i must strongly disagree in your arguments .... it seems you have missed the hole point of the BSD family vs. Linux.

It may be that for the untrained eye, BSD hasn't come anywhere in the past years, however, why fix it if it ain't broken ?!

Linux are strongly targeting the desktop, whereas BSD have no intention in this direction (yet anyway), BSD are for, and optimized for, SERVERS !

I can't speak for other BSD groups, but here in denmark, we don't see Linux as a threat for 3 reasons,
1. they will never come close to the superiority and stability of BSD, and
2. Linux extends the need for solid servers with rock-stable performance !
3. Linux are good at desktops, so let them be better in this, and we give you the best backend !

Your article are simply to non-objective, and so is this mail, if you have this feeling after reading it, my goal have been reached.

/Kenneth Karlsson
-- "intet er så godt for successen som det rene svineheld !" -ukendt