Open Source Days 2011: Call for Speakers

From: Sidsel Jensen (none@purple--hamster.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk)
Date: Thu 13 Jan 2011 - 08:13:42 CET

Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 08:13:42 +0100 (CET)
From: Sidsel Jensen <none@purple--hamster.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk>
To: bsd-dk@bsd-dk.dk
Subject: Open Source Days 2011: Call for Speakers

Hej rødder

Vi vil SÅ gerne have nogle BSD relaterede talks med også.... - send gerne
bare et par linier om hvad du evt. kunne tænke dig at tale om - evt. bare
som en ligthning talk på 15 minutter.

mvh. Sidsel

Call for Speakers
=================

Open Source Days 2011 - Community Edition - will be held on Saturday March
5th 2011, at Copenhagen Business School (CBS), Frederiksberg and we are
looking for gifted, entertaining and technically enlightened speakers for
the conference.

Normal Talks - 45 minutes
-------------------------

Open Source Software has been around the block for quite a while. Every
day we all work with rock-solid software that just works. This year we are
interested in the status of those "goldies" we all take for granted - as
well as the new upcoming savvy projects.

You might be a developer, a community leader, a businessman or a user
group participant seeing the bigger picture or just know your software
inside-out - share your knowledge with us, by giving a talk. Speakers can
attend the conference for free and to some extent we might be able to
reimburse your travel and hotel.

Lightning Talks - 15 minutes
----------------------------

Speak your mind - tell us about your idea for a new open source project,
how you made your first android app or something completely different -
the only limit is the time frame - 15 minutes!

If you haven't tried giving a talk before - this is a good place to start.
Lightning speakers attend the conference for free, but we do not reimburse
your travel expenses.

Tutorials, Workshops and Demos
------------------------------

If you are just dying to give us a demo of how you hacked your newest
gadget, you want to host an Arduino workshop or you know postfix forwards
and backwards and want to give a tutorial - let us know. Workshops, demos
and tutorials have a time frame set in accordance with the speaker.

Tutorial and workshop speakers will be reimbursed as normal speakers.

Community Booths - Join the Fun
-------------------------------

Our wish is that the community groups will start planning for their
activities and events for their booths immediately. Open Source Days 2011
- The Community Edition will deliver the infrastructure and by doing so
give the user groups the best possibly platform for strong community
content at the conference.

This year we would like the user groups to submit a description of their
planned activities at their booth as well as a short description on
themselves. Having a descriptive program for activities will greatly help
us pick the most interesting user groups for the conference audience.

Please send your request for a community booth to
ug2011@opensourcedays.org together with a description of your planned
events no later than February 1st 2011.

Sponsorships
------------

We are looking for sponsorships. A sponsorship can be used for a special
purpose like:

   * Provide a conference t-shirt
   * Provide lunch for the participants
   * Provide conference keyhangers
   * Provide a room for talks or User Groups
   * Provide a conference bag
   * Provide a conference beer-event

Or maybe just a way to show you and your company's appreciation for open
source software.

Sponsorships can be anywhere in the range DKK 1,000 to DKK 25,000.
Please write to sponsor2011@opensourcedays.org if you want more
information on the sponsorship opportunities at the conference.

If you are interested in an exhibition booth, you can also contact us, on
the above mail-address.

Get in Touch
------------

Please send us a title, a couple of lines about your talk and a short bio
to program2011@opensourcedays.org no later than February 1st 2011.

You are also most welcome to write to us if you have any questions
regarding the conference. You can also catch us in the IRC channel
#opensourcedays @ EFnet.

If you represent a company, we expect you to state so in your mail.

Feel free to follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/opensourcedays or
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/opensourcedays to get the latest news
about the conference.

mvh.