Re: Sorry for breach of netiquette!

From: Anastasios Tsiolakidis (none@sokratis.dk--gmail.com.lh.bsd-dk.dk)
Date: Mon 01 Mar 2010 - 23:06:10 CET

From: Anastasios Tsiolakidis <none@sokratis.dk--gmail.com.lh.bsd-dk.dk>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 23:06:10 +0100
Subject: Re: Sorry for breach of netiquette!
To: bsd-dk@bsd-dk.dk

Yes, today I was given an estimated 1 week wait for the court order,
and the theft was last week. I am afraid my computers and cash are
going with the wind, and my only link right now is the Macbook (i pray
to Jesus Jobs!). But should be no privacy problems if it is a
public-access IP, in fact I am thinking of initiating a website with
"public" IPs. Also will probably set up a cyberinvestigation business
myself, the only way to do this job is to have "fishing" websites
where, just like google etc, you have a pretty good idea who and where
the users are. I am also going to send some commentary to the police,
that in my opinion they should have the OK to get public IP
information, getting into somebodys home is completely different. So,
the workflow is a) police call ISP b) ISP says sorry it is not public,
get court order. That is, if they want to catch anyone, in my case the
police receptionist was amused by my loss more than anything, and it
is only by miracle that I got a detective interview today.For the
record, the thief went through my things perhaps for an hour to get
the last penny and two laptops, plus the warranty cards!

Thanks guys, I wanted to put my case to the CERT team but couldnt find
anything working after hours, except for the TDC NOC, I thought it
would be a little extreme. By the way, I have witnesses for the theft
too, some spoilt danish brat.

Cheers!