[Fwd: Kernel Conference Australia - registrations are OPEN]

From: Sidsel Jensen (none@purple--hamster.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk)
Date: Tue 19 May 2009 - 11:54:42 CEST

Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 11:54:42 +0200 (CEST)
From: Sidsel Jensen <none@purple--hamster.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk>
To: bsd-dk@bsd-dk.dk
Subject: [Fwd: Kernel Conference Australia - registrations are OPEN]

Hello folks :)

Til dem, der kunne have lyst til en tur down-under ;)
(se annoncering nedenfor)

Pawel Dawidek giver bl.a. et foredrag om GEOM.

Jeg forestiller mig at der kun kan komme noget godt ud af at Pawel og Jeff
Bonwick mødes face to face og har mulighed for at snakke om ZFS på FreeBSD
:)

Og --- hvis ikke I har set det på freebsd-announce så virker virtualbox nu
på FreeBSD! (http://miwi.bsdcrew.de/2009/05/virtualbox-on-freebsd/)

Udviklerne ledere efter testere, så prøv det! prøv det! og husk at sende
en bugreport hvis det af en eller anden grund fejler.

HUSK også at sætte et stort kryds i kalenderen ud for 18 - 20 September
2009. EuroBSDCon 2009 bliver i år holdt i Cambridge, UK under Robert
I-am-everywhere-Watsons kyndige ledelse. (http://2009.eurobsdcon.org/)

/Sidsel
Is the CEO the web equivalent of captain Ahab -
willing to sacrifice the entire crew in his mad
quest for the E-Whale ?
                                 - NetSlaves

<snip>
Hi everybody,

Registrations for Kernel Conference Australia 2009 are NOW OPEN

http://tinyurl.com/KCA2009-rego (points to
https://www.conveneit.com/secure/sun/kernel_jul_09)

Student price $95
Early bird (before 1 June) $195
Full price (1 June onwards) $300

We've got a great group of speakers, including

- Jeff Bonwick and Bill Moore inventors of ZFS
- Max Alt Intel's Open Source community manager
- James Morris SELinux project lead
- Pawel Dawidek FreeBSD ZFS port leader

And we'll have two panel discussions, one on ZFS and
the other on Secure Software Engineering and in-kernel Security.
http://au.sun.com/sunnews/events/2009/kernel/agenda.jsp has the
complete list of presentations and speakers.

You might have seen my blog post about the media enquiry we
got last week -
http://blogs.sun.com/jmcp/entry/kca2009_first_media_contact

Jeff and Bill will be talking about ZFS deduplication, which
will definitely be the very latest development in ZFS and OpenSolaris.

Who should attend?
==================
Anybody who wants to learn how their operating system really works
Developers and System Administrators, Researchers and Students

So don't delay, register to attend Kernel Conference Australia
at the earlybird price.

I hope to see you there - it'll be a blast!

Cheers,
James C. McPherson

--
Senior Kernel Software Engineer, Solaris
Sun Microsystems

</snip>