Re: Modtager spam pga BSD-DK!

From: Jakob Breivik Grimstveit (none@jakob--grimstveit.no.lh.bsd-dk.dk)
Date: Mon 24 Apr 2006 - 23:51:01 CEST

Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 23:51:01 +0200
From: "Jakob Breivik Grimstveit" <none@jakob--grimstveit.no.lh.bsd-dk.dk>
To: bsd-dk@bsd-dk.dk
Subject: Re: Modtager spam pga BSD-DK!

On 4/24/06, Jesper Rønnekilde <none@jesper--ronnekilde.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk> wrote:

> > On 4/24/06, Allan Wermuth <none@alw--it-service.sdu.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk> wrote:
>
> > I even filter that mail through SpamAssassin and ClamAV when it gets
> > home to me, and after that filtering there's only a tiny fragment of
> > spam getting through. Convenient.
>
> Accept that you can't fight spam at your MTA! Set up filtering at your MUA
> ;-)

Ah, the sarcasm! :-D. GMail hasn't - until recently - had any training
of their filters, but this is actually starting to change, but I don't
know whether it works or not. Up until one of the latest days the
"Report spam" button did nothing else than putting the email in the
Spam folder. Now it is possible to opt in and help, which makes the
"Report spam" actually report the actual mail as spam to the Google
Spam group. How well that will work I don't know, though. But enough
about GMail.

At home I have full control of what mail is classified as spam. Thus
training the filters is known to work. But 55 detected spams in one
month (and about 10 unclassified ones) compared to 15000+ spams every
month makes a difference for me, at least. And as long as it saves me
time, I'm happy.

--
Jakob Breivik Grimstveit - http://www.grimstveit.no/jakob - +47 48298152