Re: Modtager spam pga BSD-DK!

From: Simon L. Nielsen (none@simon--FreeBSD.org.lh.bsd-dk.dk)
Date: Mon 24 Apr 2006 - 12:50:20 CEST

Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 12:50:20 +0200
From: "Simon L. Nielsen" <none@simon--FreeBSD.org.lh.bsd-dk.dk>
To: bsd-dk@bsd-dk.dk
Subject: Re: Modtager spam pga BSD-DK!

On 2006.04.24 12:14:23 +0200, Laust S. Jespersen wrote:

> If you received the Spam mail, then *you* have lost.

No, not necessarily. It all depends on your requirements.

Personally I do all my spam filtering using SpamAsssasin run from
procmail. I do this since most of my mail, including spam, are
forwarded from another mailserver, so filtering at my MTA wouldn't
help since it would then just be queued remotely until the mail
expires.

I also do it this way since it is important for me to be able to check
the incomming mail tagged as spam later if somebody says they have
sent me a mail and I want to check if it was caught in a spamfilter.

And as for resources... disks are cheap (my current Mailbox size:
5.9GB) :-).

Just my 0.00DKR.

--
Simon L. Nielsen