RE: Lav {strøm|varme|støj} server (lang).

From: Christer Solskogen (none@solskogen--carebears.mine.nu.lh.bsd-dk.dk)
Date: Tue 30 Aug 2005 - 13:07:16 CEST

Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:07:16 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: RE: Lav {strøm|varme|støj} server (lang).
From: "Christer Solskogen" <none@solskogen--carebears.mine.nu.lh.bsd-dk.dk>
To: bsd-dk@bsd-dk.dk

On Thu, May 26, 2005 11:38, Christer Solskogen wrote:

> On Thu, May 26, 2005 1:50, Morten Nissen said:
>>

>>> Og nu til mit spørgsmål.. :p Hvad gør I andre, lyder ovenstående
>>> fornuftigt - eller findes der bedre måder at løse problemet; kraftig
>>> server med RAID og lavt strømforbrug?
>>>

>> Jeg tror på at jeg kommer til at eje en
>> http://www.viaembedded.com/product/epia_dp_spec.jsp?motherboardId=321
>> Syntes at den holder hele vejen igennem, sata og smp, hvad mere kan man
>> forlange?
>>

> Sexy hk!
> Er det i salg noe sted i Norden?

Vel, det hk kommer ikke til å bli i salg i europa en gang.

According to the lastest information the DP is not suiteable
for the whole European marekt at all!

First, the board is not in mass production yet, later, if
it goes into, the quantity will be that small it can be
only understood for evaluation purposes.

Please understand the DP board is generally only intended
to be a technology demo to show the multiprocessing
capabilities of the VIA CPU, and not a regular product as
for now. This is also why the board is called VT 310-DP
and not EPIA DP.

Second, the board will be not RoHS compliant, this means
it is pretty unsuiteable for any project.

--
cso