Re: SCO's saganlæg mod IBM vedr. licensrettigheder

From: Peter Makholm (none@peter--makholm.net.lh.bsd-dk.dk)
Date: Tue 17 Jun 2003 - 08:35:05 CEST

To: bsd-dk@bsd-dk.dk
Subject: Re: SCO's saganlæg mod IBM vedr. licensrettigheder
From: Peter Makholm <none@peter--makholm.net.lh.bsd-dk.dk>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 08:35:05 +0200

"Poul-Henning Kamp" <none@phk--phk.freebsd.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk> writes:

> Selvom man måske nok kunne fristes til at holde USL/BSD sagsakterne
> højt mens man pegede fingre af Linux folket under sloganet "Been
> there done that" tror jeg bestemt ikke at det ville være hverken
> en værdsat eller vindende strategi.

Chris Sontag fra SCO udtaler:
<http://www.byte.com/documents/s=8276/byt1055784622054/0616_marshall.html>

  "But what about BSD?" I asked. Sontag responded that there "could be
  issues with the [BSD] settlement agreement," adding that Berkeley
  may not have lived up to all of its commitments under the
  settlement.

  "So you want royalties from FreeBSD as well?" I asked. Sontag
  responded that "there may or may not be issues. We believe that UNIX
  System V provided the basic building blocks for all subsequent
  computer operating systems, and that they all tend to be derived
  from UNIX System V (and therefore are claimed as SCO's intellectual
  property)."

Jeg er simpelthen forbløffet, de må have røget noget der ikke var helt
sundt.

--
 Peter Makholm     |     Sit back and watch the messages. This is actually
 peter@makholm.net |     more important than one might think as there is a