Re: Pre-LinuxForum 2001 meeting - 2001-01-31

From: Phil Regnauld (none@regnauld--BSD-Dk.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk)
Date: Wed 17 Jan 2001 - 02:01:05 CET

Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 02:01:05 +0100
From: Phil Regnauld <none@regnauld--BSD-Dk.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk>
To: bsd-dk@BSD-Dk.dk
Subject: Re: Pre-LinuxForum 2001 meeting - 2001-01-31

Kenneth Karlsson (kak) writes:
> Ain't coming, and i will not attend Linuxforum as well for 2 reasons :
>

> 1. I will from now on only be a passive member of BSD-Dk, i see no future for the user-group beeing that there are very little to none desire to bring BSD-Dk to the minds of the danish media with a proper organisation and coordination, believe me, this will be the downfall of BSD-Dk, i have seen it before ! I believe that with a board and "action-coordinators"(tm), we could bring bsd-dk to the attention of a lot more people, we have a desired target group, but no plan or coordination to approach them with ....

        *sigh*

        Well, I can't say you're wrong... The desire, of course, is there (and maybe for some, it's not... lurking
        in the shadows and laughing manically is an option) -- but what we lack is commitment and time to
        follow up on it...

        I have some plans for the next year which I hope will allow me to spend more time on BSD-Dk (which
        is, right now, 0). I'll do what I can to offer presence and coordination for Linuxforum but
        we all need to want to do this, as you point out...

> 2. I still hate the name Linuxforum.dk ....

        :-)