Re: Et par sma spm..

From: Vadim Belman (none@voland--lflat.org.lh.bsd-dk.dk)
Date: Fri 27 Oct 2000 - 14:15:23 CEST

Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 14:15:23 +0200
From: Vadim Belman <none@voland--lflat.org.lh.bsd-dk.dk>
To: bsd-dk@bsd-dk.dk
Subject: Re: Et par sma spm..

On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 11:49:49AM +0200, Jorgen Frojk Kjarsgaard wrote:

> 1. Hvordan gor men det muligt for en ikke-root bruger at mount'e floppy
> og CD? I Linux er der en "user" option i /etc/fstab, den findes ikke i
> BSD...

        You can either use a suid-wrapper (ugly solution) or get sudo to do
the trick.

        As a last resort, you can set vfs.usermount kernel MIB variable
(man sysctl) into 1. This will give a decent user the privilige of mounting
FSs if he has apropriate access to a device. Say, he mast be in group
`operator' in order to have proper access to /dev/fd*.

> 3. Kan man lukke maskinen ned via APM, ligesom man kan i Linux og
> Windows? Hvordan?

        Compile APM into your kernel. See all the APM related options in
/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC or LINT (or NOTES if it is -current). Then read man
pages about apm (apropos apm) and rebooting/halting the system.

--
    /Voland			Vadim Belman
				E-mail: voland@lflat.org