Re: Startup Files in FreeBSD

From: serces@mud.dk
Date: Fri 06 Oct 2000 - 12:41:02 CEST

From: serces@mud.dk
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 12:41:02 +0200 (CEST)
To: bsd-dk@bsd-dk.dk
Subject: Re: Startup Files in FreeBSD

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Martin Rehr wrote:

> Hehe.
>
> Yes i would know where to put the scripts i want to execute after you
> type shutdown and before the system goes down.
>From the Manpage of Init:

----
When shutting down the machine, init will try to run the /etc/rc.shutdown
script.  This script can be used to cleanly terminate specific programs
such as innd (the InterNetNews server).
---

Humm, perhaps make a

for i in /path/to/shutdown_scripts/*.sh ; do $i ; done

In the /etc/rc.shutdown script, that should do the trick me thinks, perhaps extend that one so that it doesn't matter if the script is called .sh. Humm

for i in /path/* ; do if [ -x $i ] ; then $i ; fi ; done

Mailercode, very fast, and not very thought through, but the concept should be there

Hope this helps

/S

Sir Alec Guinness - May the force be with you, Always!