RE: Re: Startup Files in FreeBSD

From: Jacob Nielsen (none@admin--fameflame.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk)
Date: Fri 06 Oct 2000 - 11:42:47 CEST

Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 11:42:47 +0200 (CEST)
To: Martin Rehr <none@bsd-dk--bsd-dk.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk>
Subject: RE: Re: Startup Files in FreeBSD
From: Jacob Nielsen <none@admin--fameflame.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk>

Hi again,

Well it wouldnt be correct to put shutdown scripts in the startup script section :), so I would advise you to put them somewhere else. (I assume that you mean script that does something before closing down the whole system).

If you have any other question you are more than welcome to ask.

/Jacob Nielsen

Wed, 04 Oct 2000 12:35:58 , Martin Rehr wrote:

Jacob Nielsen wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Take a look at /usr/local/bin/rc.d/
>
> All scripts that are present there, will be executed at reboot.

Thx.

Does they execute lexical order of filename.

Should shutdown scripts be put somewhere, or doesnt it matter ?

- Martin