Trouble with different langage in freebsd

From: Arnå DG (none@hern42--gmail.com.lh.bsd-dk.dk)
Date: Tue 31 Jan 2006 - 10:56:52 CET

Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 10:56:52 +0100
From: Arnå DG <none@hern42--gmail.com.lh.bsd-dk.dk>
To: bsd-dk@bsd-dk.dk
Subject: Trouble with different langage in freebsd

Hello
I am new in this mailing-list (and also more or less in Denmark and to
freeBSD...)

My little issue is the following: I am french, I run freebsd 6.0
stable in english and on a danish DellLaptop Inspiron 510m...

1. when using terms (xterm, mrxvt, Eterm...) I cannot use any
non-english characters (such as danish ø,æ... and french é, û...)
2. when using Ooffice2.0 danish letters are no problem but any letters
which requires to hit an accent key before (' or ^... to get é or ê)
dont seem to get there...
3. If I use for example the on-line yahoo notepad in Firefox (or this
gmail mail writer box) I can do whatever I want.

I'd like to be able to use of course all accentuations and letter
everywhere, in Ooffice for obvious reasons and also in term because I
am one of those heavy user of Vi even for typing letters to mom...

It may be a environment variables but I never really understood how
that worked... As I said I am quite new in *NIX and it is not my
background (I am a mechanical engineering teacher), although not
totally new and really willing to understand and learn.

I hope it is not a too stupid nor too trivial question
Best regards...

Hern42

PS: Is there any BSDists at DTU somewhere??

--
ADG
Brofogedvej 11, 4.tv