Re: Trouble with different langage in freebsd

From: Allan Wermuth (none@alw--it-service.sdu.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk)
Date: Wed 01 Feb 2006 - 21:28:59 CET

Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 21:27:59 +0059
From: Allan Wermuth <none@alw--it-service.sdu.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk>
To: bsd-dk@bsd-dk.dk
Subject: Re: Trouble with different langage in freebsd

* on the Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 11:22:57AM +0059, Allan Wermuth was tippering:
> * on the Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 10:56:52AM +0100, Arnå DG was tippering:
> >
> > My little issue is the following: I am french, I run freebsd 6.0
> > stable in english and on a danish DellLaptop Inspiron 510m...
> >
> > 1. when using terms (xterm, mrxvt, Eterm...) I cannot use any
> > non-english characters (such as danish ø,æ... and french é, û...)
>
> I have this in my xorg.conf
>
> Section "InputDevice"
> Identifier "Keyboard0"
> Driver "kbd"
> Option "XkbLayout" "dk"
> EndSection
>
> And following in my /etc/profile
>
> LANG=da_DK.ISO8859-1; export LANG
> MM_CHARSET=ISO-8859-1; export MM_CHARSET
>
> set meta-flag On
> set convert-meta Off
> set output-meta On
>
> You should also read the BSD-DK FAQ - http://www.batmule.dk/BSD-DK/BSD-DK_FAQ.txt
> especially question nr. 3.

This advise works on my FreeBSD box, but it doesn't work on my laptop, where I have
installed OpenBSD 3.8

Most of the time I dosn't care, as long as I still can write æ,ø and å in my default
editor vi, which I use for writing mails. But it's annoying, that I can't se any æ, ø
and å in xchat.

I have googled around, and read OpenBSD FAQ but didn't find any solution to this problem.
Anyone who knows the magic tricks to make et work?

Best regards
---
Allan Wermuth