Re: ps/2 mouse

From: Vadim Belman (none@voland--mail.mobilix.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk)
Date: Thu 22 Jun 2000 - 13:06:22 CEST

Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 13:06:22 +0200
From: Vadim Belman <none@voland--mail.mobilix.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk>
To: bsd-dk@bsd-dk.dk
Subject: Re: ps/2 mouse

On Thu, Jun 22, 2000 at 10:46:40AM +0200, Jan Erling Staff wrote:

> dmesg doesn't say anything about psm, however, I didn't worry much about
> this since dmesg doesn't talk about cuaa0, where my serial (and
> functioning) mouse is. But maybe I should worry?

        Yes, you _must_. Because all the cuaa* devices are being reported
as sio* in dmesg. Your mouse is connected to psm0 device.

> Now I've just tried with PSM_DEBUG in the kernel, and then dmesg says the
> following:
> psm0: current command byte:0067
> psm0: failed to reset the aux device.
>
> What does that mean?

        I suspect it's hardware problems you have.

> BTW: the driver, will it be loaded if nothing is connected to the PS/2
> MOUSE CONNECTOR on the motherboard, or if something is connected wrong? I

        No, it won't.

> have been suspecting the PS/2 mouse cable to be defect, since there are
> only four connectors in the cable, but five "pins" on the connector on the
> motherboard. But this was the cable following the motherboard...

        The first thing I would do in such a situation is trying to connect
the mouse to another box and see whether it works or not.

--
    /Voland			Vadim Belman
				E-mail: voland@hobbes.bsd-dk.dk