[ADDRESS REMOVAL] Removal of bouncing addresses

From: Phil Regnauld (none@regnauld--BSD-Dk.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk)
Date: Mon 12 Jun 2000 - 00:39:59 CEST

Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 00:39:59 +0200
From: Phil Regnauld <none@regnauld--BSD-Dk.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk>
To: bsd-dk@hobbes.bsd-dk.dk
Subject: [ADDRESS REMOVAL] Removal of bouncing addresses

Regularly there are people subscribing to the list whose email addresses
don't work.

I have so far kept them on the list in hope that their issues would
be resolved (no use mailing them about it :-)

Now there have been too many, so I have the following policy: if it bounces
for more than 48 hours, the email is simply removed from the list.

Since I'm not entirely fascist, I will include the _domainname_ of the
emails that have been removed (to protect the innoncent ? :-). Those
people that:

a) wonder why they don't receive emails
b) happen to check the archives

... will be able to see these emails labeled [ADDRESS REMOVAL] and then
contact me if they think they should be subscribed back to the list.

Phil.

Today, I removed:

1 address in 909mail.dk (they never work it seems).

1 address in wiktor.dk

They are now: 94 addresses on the bsd-dk mailing list.