Re: Fwd: "BOUNCE bsd-dk@hotel.prosa.dk: Non-member submission from ["Morten Seeberg" <none@morten--seeberg.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk>]" <owner-bsd-dk@hotel.pr

From: Anton Berezin (none@tobez--plab.ku.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk)
Date: Tue 16 Nov 1999 - 13:06:16 CET

Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 13:06:16 +0100
From: Anton Berezin <none@tobez--plab.ku.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk>
To: bsd-dk@hotel.prosa.dk
Subject: Re: Fwd: "BOUNCE bsd-dk@hotel.prosa.dk:    Non-member submission from ["Morten Seeberg" <none@morten--seeberg.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk>]" <owner-bsd-dk@hotel.pr

On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 12:08:25PM +0100, Flemming Jacobsen wrote:

>> If I want to upgrade from one version of 3.3-STABLE to another
>> version of STABLE, How is that done?

>> CVSup only supports upgrade to latest version available, but
>> sometimes that not what I want.

> Set-up your own copy of the FreeBSD CVS tree using cvsup. You'll find
> the example file in /usr/share/examples/cvsup/cvs-supfile .

> Then use cvs to checkout the version of the tree you want.

No need, actually. CVSup can be used to get the latest -stable sources
as well. Have a look at

   /usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile

and other samples which have `stable' in their names.

This works for me.

Cheers,

--
Anton Berezin <none@tobez--plab.ku.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk>
The Protein Laboratory, University of Copenhagen