Re: {Free,Net}BSD

From: Søren Klintrup (none@bigchief--aub.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk)
Date: Tue 19 Jan 1999 - 00:15:57 CET

From: "Søren Klintrup" <none@bigchief--aub.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk>
To: <none@bsd-dk--hotel.prosa.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk>
Subject: Re: {Free,Net}BSD
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 00:15:57 +0100

Maybe it IS time :)))

anyone have some links where *BSD is compared to linux ? i'm thinkin' about
Network performance as a firewall/router... As far as i remember FreeBSD
should handle lots of connections more efficient than Linux ... but i might
not be correct ???

We're about to upgrade our firewall in a 1100 user complex and network
performance is ofcourse of some importance here :)

if theres any links/documents on this subject ??

anyone who can confirm this ??? (or maybe the opposite :)

Yours
Søren K.
Systems Administrator - Morbærhavens Netværk
Systems Administrator - Post Danmark Mailhouse