Re: Installing from behind a firewall

From: Anton Berezin (none@tobez--plab.ku.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk)
Date: Thu 25 Feb 1999 - 12:49:21 CET

To: bsd-dk@hotel.prosa.dk
Subject: Re: Installing from behind a firewall
From: Anton Berezin <none@tobez--plab.ku.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk>
Date: 25 Feb 1999 12:49:21 +0100

"Peter Holm" <none@peter_holm_1--hotmail.com.lh.bsd-dk.dk> writes:

>> If you can manage (by playing with -P option) cvsup to work
>> properly, then installation of 3.1 sources and making
>> buildworld/installworld might be a good way for an upgrade.

> Yes, that was by first attempt. No go!

Even -P m? Even under m3socks? Strange.

> Right now, I got the ls-lR file from ftp.dk.freebsd.org and mangled
> it into a sh script with awk.

Whoa. From /ub/FreeBSd? That's 287027 files!

> So now I have the installation files. It still would be nice to get
> the boot floppies to do the work. I'll make another attempt tomorrow
> morning.

Hmm, then how about just putting necessary files locally on the
existing FreeBSD partition? There is a correspondent option in media
menu.

--
Anton Berezin <none@tobez--plab.ku.dk.lh.bsd-dk.dk>
The Protein Laboratory, University of Copenhagen